About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Friendship Bread

I had only heard about friendship bread many times through different people, and they were all in agreement - that's it's just really yummy. So a few years ago, someone else had made some and needless to say, I've decided that yup, it's really yummy!


Friendship Bread

Day 1 – when you receive the base, pour into a large bowl, cover, not tight, and place on the counter.
Day 2, 3, 4 – stir and return to the counter.
Day 5 – add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour and 1 c milk
Day 6, 7, 8, 9 – stir and return to counter.
Day 10 – Add as in day 5, stir. Take 3 cups of base and give 1 cup to 3 friends with a copy of these directions.

To your remaining batter add:
2/3 C oil        
3 eggs
2 c flour
1 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt

Beat until smooth. Fold any or all of the following; chopped nuts, apples, pineapple, raisins. Bake in greased tube pan at 350 for 60 minutes

No comments: