About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ultimate Guacamole

One of the things that this family is almost always in the mood for is mexican food, we just love it around here! The mexican fare is easy and quick to prepare, but it's full of flavor and nutrition. I know that avacados are considered to be somewhat fattening, but it's actually good fat that you're eating. They're loaded with mono unsaturated fatty acids or MUFAs which are so good for a person's metabolism and their heart. Not to mention the fact that they're just plain yummy!

This recipe is something that I saw made at our table side at the Sonora Grill right here in town. The only difference is that they put tomatoes in the guac that they made and I didn't here - but feel free to do so if you choose.


Doesn't that just look so yummy and fresh?


All chopped up.....getting hungry!



I just love cilantro - add more if you feel it needs more, can't go wrong with this stuff.



Drum roll please, I'm ready to eat!



Now, just a couple before I tell the family about this, happy eating!!!!


Ultimate Guacamole

Ingredients:
2 firm yet pliable avacados halved, seeds removed and scooped out of the skins
1/4 C chopped cilantro
1/3 C white onion, chopped
1 small jalapeno, chopped
1 juicy lime, cut into quarters and squeezed
1/2 tsp. kosher salt

Directions:
Using a fork, mash the avacados, add all the other ingredients and give it a stir. Serve immediatly with corn chips or on whatever your cookin up.


No comments: