About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Spanish Omlets

The one thing that I really love about weekends is the fact that I can really cook breakfast for the family. And there is just something about fall time that gets me going on the fall time type foods. These omlets are so simple and yet so tasty. Any time I have some green peppers and onion, I fix this up for a quick and healthy breakfast, Mr. quite like this because of the veggies and the spicy flavors.....what a nice way to start your day!

So what I do is round everything up and get it all together, some tomato sauce, onion, green pepper and a couple of spices is all you need.



I've started to discover some things in my picture editing program, like the contrast and shades of different colors....I was happier with the end result on these.

Next I cut up my veggies and pour the tomato sauce in, add the ceyenne pepper, chili powder and salt and pepper. 




I just love those colors.....

Then stir everything together and cook covered on medium heat until it comes to a slight boil, then turn it down to that mid point between medium and low.....and just let that bubble while the eggs are prepared.

I don't add any water or milk to my eggs when I mix them up, and maybe I should......but I don't. Anyway, I do use butter for my omlets, it just gives the eggs a better flavor and finish.


Now, I add cheese to ours from time to time, and then at other times I don't, guess it just depends upon my mood  :o) Either way, these are just yummy!



And once these are finished, I place them on a plate and spoon the tomato sauce mixture over the top, just look at those wonderful colors....



This is one of those things that just can't be without toast, and of course don't forget to dunk that nice buttery toast in the sauce, it's fabulous!!!!

Spanish Omlets

Ingredients:
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1/4 C green bell pepper (chopped)
1/4 C onion (chopped)
1 tsp. chili powder
dash of ceyenne pepper (depending upon your taste)
Salt and pepper to taste
Butter

Directions:
Combine chopped bell peppers, onions, tomato sauce and spices. Stir and cover on medium heat until it starts to bubble, then turn down to simmer. In a separate bowl lightly beat two eggs with salt and pepper to taste, pour into a small non-stick skillet with butter melted in it and cover until the edges begin to look firm, turn and sprinkle cheese on half of the eggs, cover again for just a minute, fold in half and place on a plate, covere the eggs with the tomato sauce mixture and serve.

No comments: