About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jalapeno Burgers

We discovered these burgers last summer, and they've been one of the family favorites since. So I just have to put these together several times through the summer. Now get me wrong, we love just plain old BBQ burgers too, but there is a lot to be said for the mild onions and that wonderful burst of flavor that the jalapenos give these burgers.



Mmmmmm, doesn't that just look so tasty? Now to add the burger.....


Jalapeno Burgers

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and spines removed (unless you want to turn the heat up a little - you can do that)
1/4 C finely chopped white onion
5 slices pepper jack cheese

Directions:
Combine jalapeno peppers, white onion and ground beef with hands until everything is incorporated well, form into patties and grill on a low heat until juices run clear, place cheese on top of the patties and allow to melt for about 2 - 3 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: