About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Blue Ribbon Anytime Chili

This is probably one of my favorite chili recipes, it's simple and yet satisfying and better yet - easy on the waistline.


Blue Ribbon Chili

Ingredients:
1 Lg. red onion - chopped
1 Lg. green pepper - chopped
1 lb. browned ground beef
1-32 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
2 C water
Dash of paprika
1-32 oz can of red kidney beans
Directions:
Simmer the above ingredients until vegetables are nice and tender and all those flavors get acquainted and happy, or about 30 - 45 minutes. Then add the kidney beans and heat through.

No comments: