About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Four Layered Illegal Dessert

Years ago, this was served on special occasions, so when my cousin was visiting, she said that this dessert was good, it was illegal - thus the name. Be prepared, this is one of those desserts where you can't just have one serving! Some of these older recipes are just such a refreshing blast from the past!


Four Layer Illegal Dessert


1st. layer
1 C. flour
1/2 C butter
1/2 C. fineley chopped nuts
Mix thoroughly, pat in 9 X 13 pan. Bake 350 15 min. Let cool well


2nd. layer
1-8 oz. cream cheese
1 C. Pd. sugar
1 C. cool whip
Mix together, put on first layer. Chill


3rd. layer
3 C. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. burnt sugar extract {I have never found that extract, so I just ignore that one.} 2 pkg. small, instant butterscotch or chocolate pudding mix Beat until thick. Spread over 2nd. layer. Refrigerate


4th layer
1 C. cool whip.
Spread on top and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve and refrigerate any leftovers

No comments: