About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cheesey Potato Puffs

These are such a good way to use up left over mashed potatoes, I usually cook these up for breakfast but I'm sure that they would be yummy for any other meal of the day - hey, breakfast isn't just for breakfast anymore. These are also just quick and easy and it's good and hearty.


So I started with some left over mashed potatoes, and I just happened to have the fresh red potatoes out of my dad's potato patch.....I just love new red potatoes, don't you? When I have red potatoes too, I don't take the skin off, just seems to add a lot to them by leaving the skins on. 


Now we're getting into the really good stuff! 



I just dropped those by spoonfuls into the pan oh and the kitchen suddenly came alive. 



Oh my lord, that just looks so good, I can't wait for the cheesey deliciousness.



Oh yeah - breakfast is now officially served. Enjoy, we certainly will!


Cheesy Potato Puffs

Ingredients:
1 1/2 - 2 C mashed potatoes
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2  - 3/4 C grated cheddar cheese
2 eggs
2 Tbsp oil

Directions:
Combine potatoes, garlic salt, cheese and eggs, stirring until well incorporated. Measure oil into a frying pan on med heat, and drop by spoonfuls and cook until browned, turn puffs over using a fork and brown on the other side. Serve immediately. Makes about 6 servings.

No comments: