About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Brown Sugar Cookies

Not too long ago, I noticed a reference to Brown Sugar cookies that my cousin Carole had posted - so curious, I asked for the recipe. This was her Grandmother's recipe, so you know that it's one of those oldies but goodies. Thanks for sharing this Carole!

Brown Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 C butter
1 1/2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 C flour

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and beat 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients  and stir in by hand. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.


No comments: