When I was growing up, there were those occasions that I would spend the night at a friend's house and her mom made this recipe for us a few times, it's just one of those recipes that you just go back to from time to time and fall in love all over again. This is great served warm at parties, showers, or just for the heck of it. I would most certainly double or even tripe this one if serving more than a couple of people.
Swiss Cheese Fondue Recipe
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 4 slices French bread (1 inch thick), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, flour, mustard and nutmeg. In a small saucepan, heat cream and beer over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of saucepan. Stir in cheese mixture. Bring just to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until combined and smooth.
- Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 2/3 cup.