About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chicken Tacos

Today is my husband's birthday, and I just couldn't wait to get home and give him a big hug and a kiss. His name is Kirk, but I call him Mr..  He's just an awesome guy, and I'm very blessed to be able to share my life with him.

Years ago, I worked with a Quality Manager who would jokingly say to me "Mr. makes the rest of us men look bad". He's always doing something selfless and thoughtful, love ya honey!

Anyway, on my home from work I was conjuring up different dinner ideas and finally came up with this one. I hope you like it, we really did!



Chicken Tacos

1 package chicken tenderloins cut into small pieces
1 small onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
1/2 tsp. coriander
1/2 tsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 fresh squeezed lime
1 cup grated cheese
6 four tortillas

Directions:
Pour the olive oil in a skillet on the stove and add the chicken, onion, jalapeno and spices, cooking over medium heat and stirring occasionally, mmmmm this smells really good. When the meat mixture is nearly done, using another pan on the stove, about 1 tsp butter and put 1 tortilla in, allow it to cook for just a minute and turn, cooking until the other side is slightly golden, set aside on a plate until you're ready to serve dinner.
Once the meat is completely done, set off the burner and squeeze the fresh lime over it and give it a little stir.



Grate the cheese and assemble. I just love Monterey Jack.....and don't forget the cilantro!



I also put some home made salsa and chopped lettuce on these and it was just plain yummy!


Happy eating everyone!

No comments: