About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dump it Cake

This is always a good, fast, and really yummy dessert. It takes about 5 minutes to put it together and then a little baking - and presto, completely delicious! This is great for any occasion!


Dump-It-Cake
Ingredients:
1 yellow cake mix
2 large cans of fruit pie filling, (cherry is awesome!!
2 sticks butter
1/2 C chopped pecans (optional)
Directions:
Spray a 9 x 13 glass cake pan with cooking spray, pour fruit pie filling in (both cans). Spread cake mix evenly over the pie filling, if using nuts, sprinkle them on top for an added punch. Cut squares of butter and place them over the top. Bake at 375 30 - 45 minutes or until golden brown on top. I usually set my timer for 30 minutes and then start checking about every 5 minutes. Serve warm or cold, a nice addition is ala mode.

No comments: