About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Brown Sugar Muffins

I can't believe that we are literally staring October in the face! Right now, the weather is just amazing and the golf that corresponds with it is just as amazing.......or well, maybe a little more amazing. I love golf, probably just as much as I love cooking and especially baking this time of year.

One of the favorites around our house, (we have many by the way) is these little beauties. This is a frequent request in the fall and winter particularly, they're simple to make and I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't really like them. The first time we had them, we were at Sunday dinner at my Mother-in-law's home and these were served up. Needless to say, there weren't any left and there were still requests fo more. Well, I just had to have the recipe for my own family. Thanks Karla for the wonderful recipe!







Brown Sugar Muffins

Ingredients:
1/2 C Butter
1 C brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 C buttermilk
2 C flour

Directions:
Cream butter and brown sugar with a mixer, then add egg, salt and vanilla and mix one more time. Add buttermilk and mix until well incorporated. Combine flour and soda and add to wet mixture, mix until well incorporated. Either line muffin pan with muffin paper or non-stick spray and fill each cup to about 2/3 full, bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Makes approximately 18 muffins.

1 comment:

grace said...

oh, how i love brown sugar. i've been known to pop open the bag and stick in a spoon, it's true. then i guiltily brush my teeth, of course. :) these muffins look great!