About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Buttery Raisin Tart

Well, Mr. was golfing yesterday so I thought it appropriate to do some experimenting/baking in his absence. I stumbled across a recipe for raisin tart and started thinking about this new concept - the only conclusion was "YUM". So here it is, my rendition of a raisin tart and oh by the way, the entire family thought it was awesome!


Butter Raisin Tart


Shortbread Crust:
1 C butter
1/2 C powdered sugar
2 C flour
pinch of baking soda
pinch of salt


Raisin Filling:
1 C raisins
1 C brown sugar
2 Tbsp butter
1 egg well beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract


Directions:
Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer, combine flour, soda and salt, then stir into the butter mixture. I used a pie plate because I don't yet have a tart pan (but that will change shortly). Press the dough into your tart pan and set aside. Combine all ingredients for the filling in a sauce pan and cook on the stove top for minutes, it will begin to thicken slightly. Pour over the shortbread dough and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. This is best if it's allowed to cool for at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!


No comments: