About Me

I have 5 girls, and one day the youngest says to me "you should create your own cook book", I haven't a clue as to how to even begin doing that, so we put our heads together and decided to create a blog instead. Cooking is one thing that I understand and love to do. Welcome, I hope you like what you see.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mango Nut Bread

It seems like each week I find myself hanging out at home while my husband goes with the boys to play golf. That's okay though - that's when I find myself having fun in the kitchen. This week I decided to make mango nut bread for the first time in many years and ya know, it turned out just as great as it used to.




There is just something about the smell of something baking in the oven that just makes my taste buds go crazy.

Mmmmm, mangos just give this bread such a nice flavor.

Mango Nut Bread

2 C flour
1 1/2 C sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 C. chopped mangos
1/2 C pecans (chopped)

Combine dry ingredients, in a separate bowl combine wet ingredients and pecans. Incorporate dry ingredients into the wet. Coat two loaf pans with Bakers Joy and bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

This is so tasty - enjoy everyone!

No comments: